Metal Shop Foreman
Jesse completed a one-year boatbuilding course at the Landing School of Boatbuilding and Design in 2002 and then began his career at Van Dam in 2003. He very quickly developed an aptitude for metal working, honing his skills on the lathe and mill, as well as developing the impressive ability of being able to TIG weld with either hand. Jess now does the majority of the metal work that you see done at Van Dam, including, but not limited to, the very impressive cutwaters. Jesse is the “go to” guy for custom gadgetry and mechanisms in the shop. Jess’s talents are not confined to the metal shop though, in his spare time one of his many interests are vegetable oil powered diesel engines.
He also enjoys downhill skiing at local resorts, and sailboat racing. Jess gained some of his artistic abilities from his parents, who are both artists in western Michigan.
- Started at Van Dam: 2003
- Born in: Montaque, Michigan
- Graduated: Washtenaw Community College and the Landing School of Boatbuilding and Design
- Favorite projects to work on: Custom gadgetry and mechanisms
- Favorite Fundamental: #29- Find a Way
- Favorite thing about working at Van Dam: Working on unique projects
- CNC programmer and operator
- Mastercam Certified
- ABYC Certified in Marine Systems
- ABYC Certified in Marine Corrosion
Meet More Of The Team
Erika Vice President
Jeremy Worldwide Sales Manager
Chad Project Manager
Trevor Paint Shop Foreman
Jesse Metal Shop Foreman
Thor Master Craftsman
Dave Project Lead
Nick Metal Craftsman
Cory Design Engineer
Derek Apprentice Craftsman
Chuck Apprentice Craftsman
Adam Apprentice Paint & Varnish
Dave Handyman & Grill Master
Jessica Office Manager / Marketing Coordinator
Joining The Team?
We are seeking like-minded individuals willing to help us raise the bar of excellence. We seek out win/win situations in all we do – personally and professionally.